Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Module Topic?

I just thought of it:I'll examine the relationship between internet immersion and detachment from current events. Don't quote me!

Storyboard: Kid playing video game preferably a shooter, head-shooting someone and yelling owned!. then cut to a Russian soldier in a tank doing something horrifyingly similar with a Georgian border sign in the background. Something similar to this is what I'm "shooting" for.
I believe immersion in the internet and especially in online gaming can lead to a severe case of existentialism. This detachment from current events and real life strikes me as being particularly negative. Thus, I prescribe 2 hours of intense kitten snuggling to anyone who has not heard of the Russian invasion/reclaiming of Georgia. The format shall be a 6-8 panel comic strip. however, due to circumstances outside of my control, I could not finish my work yesterday. If, by the way, you wish to see the style of my comic, look to my song collage for the city skyline. That is the style I'll use.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that has potential -- can you name an example?

Unknown said...

The article we read mentions a book called "Entertaining Ourselves to Death." You might see if the library has a copy of it. Or, take a look at the TOC and first chapter on www.amazon.com.